Laurie Metcalf Show Closed This production ended its run on Feb. 14, 2016 Star Files Misery View Comments Hide the sledgehammer…! Tickets are now on sale to see Bruce Willis make his Broadway debut this Fall. He will star opposite three-time Emmy winner and two-time Tony nominee Laurie Metcalf in the stage adaptation of Stephen King’s Misery. The production will begin performances on October 22 and play a 16-week limited engagement at the Broadhurst Theatre. Opening night is scheduled for November 15.Directed by Will Frears, the play is penned by two-time Oscar winner William Goldman. Misery follows successful romance novelist Paul Sheldon (Willis), who is rescued from a car crash by his “Number One Fan,” Annie Wilkes (Metcalf), and wakes up captive in her secluded home. While Paul is convalescing, Annie reads the manuscript to his newest novel and becomes enraged when she discovers the author has killed off her favorite character, Misery Chastain. Annie forces Paul to write a new “Misery” novel, and he quickly realizes Annie has no intention of letting him go anywhere. The irate Annie has Paul writing as if his life depends on it, and if he does not make her deadline, it will.Goldman also adapted the best-selling 1987 book for film. The 1990 movie starred James Caan as Sheldon and Kathy Bates in an Oscar-winning performance as Wilkes. The Frears-helmed stage adaptation received its world premiere at Pennsylvania’s Bucks County Playhouse in November 2012, starring Daniel Gerroll and Tony nominee Johanna Day. Related Shows
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York Boston Marathon SuspectsThe FBI is asking for the public’s help in locating a pair of suspects wanted for questioning in connection with the Boston Marathon bombings that left three dead and nearly 200 wounded.Authorities released images of the two apparently associated suspects, seen wearing hats and backpacks walking toward the scene of the duel explosions seconds and yards apart at the Boylston Street finish line on Monday afternoon. They’re considered armed and dangerous.“After a very detailed analysis of photo, video and other evidence, we are releasing photos of these two suspects,” Rick DesLauriers, FBI Special Agent in Charge of the Boston field office, told reporters at a news conference Thursday. “Somebody out there knows these indidivuals as friends, neighbors, coworkers or family members.”The announcement came after a string of cancelled FBI press conferences and reports that a suspect had been arrested Wednesday—reports that were later retracted. The Boston federal courthouse and a nearby hospital were also evacuated for a bomb threat Wednesday, but DesLauriers said there is no lingering threat to the city.DesLauriers said that the FBI has dedicated a specific website for the investigation, BostonMarathonTips.FBI.gov, where the public can submit their own photographic evidence. Tips can also be phoned in to 1-800-CALL-FBI.He also cautioned that the public should focus only on the photos of the suspects that the FBI released to identify them because the reliability of other photos on the Internet cannot be verified by law enforcement.President Barack Obama also spoke at an interfaith ceremony in Boston on Thursday, where he told the city, “Every one of us has been touched by this attack on your beloved city. Every one of us stands with you.”Boston Marathon Suspects
At $2.4 billion Provident Credit Union, Redwood Shores, Calif., “We strive to incorporate data analysis into everything we do and every decision we make,” says CUES member John Haggarty, VP/marketing for $2.4 billion Provident Credit Union, Redwood Shores, Calif. It’s so engrained in the CU’s culture, that employees get mugs that read “Without data, you are just another person with an opinion.”Two examples of how the credit union used data to make improvements follow.Super Reward Checking: Data precipitates a fundamental change in product designSuper Reward Checking is a flagship product targeted to a broad range of members and used as a tool to become their primary financial institution. Its main feature is a high rate of return on balances if members meet certain transaction criteria. Previously, the requirement for the higher rate was 10 monthly debit transactions from the account.“After surveying our Super Reward Checking members and segmenting based on spending and behavioral patterns, we discovered a loophole in product design: [Some] members were performing incremental transactions to earn the high rate paid on their balances. We decided a change in product design was required,” explains CUES member John Haggarty, VP/marketing for the CU. “The product wasn’t meeting our goal of increasing monthly spend total (with this segment) or solidifying the PFI relationship.” 13SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr continue reading »
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York By Joe NuzzoFans of the cult classic British sci-fi TV series Doctor Who traveled from across the country and the world to attend the fourth annual Long Island Doctor Who Convention over the weekend.The convention featured three actors who have played the role of The Doctor over the years, as well as a variety of other notable guests who met fans at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Hauppauge. The actors engaged in discussion panels, autograph signing and photo sessions with fans.“It’s nice to welcome people from all over the country and all over the world to our home to show off Long Island and let them taste our food and drink our wine,” Ken Deep, the convention organizer, told the Press.Droctor Who debuted on BBC in 1963, went off the air in ’89 and returned in 2005. Over the years, 13 actors have played The Doctor, a time-traveling alien on a mission to protect the human race in his TARDIS, his time machine and spaceship disguised as a police phone booth.As the Press has previously reported, the LI Doctor Who convention, which debuted on the show’s 50th anniversary, is so popular that it outgrew its venue in its second year.This year, about 1,500 attendees, many dressed in the costumes of their favorite characters from the show, attended the convention, which included a costume contest, discussion panels, gaming, celebrity meet-and-greets and other events that ran well after midnight on Friday and Saturday night before concluding on Sunday.Of course, no such convention would be complete without a vendor floor selling Doctor Who collectibles, which this convention had in ample supply. The vendor floor featured a range of merchandise from jewelry, to t-shirts, to mystery prize boxes.“One of the advantages to having a convention in a hotel is that fans can buy a collectible and bring it right back up to their room,” Deep said. “They don’t need to worry about carrying it around all day.”Fans also had the chance to interact with and ask questions of celebrities without the feeling of being rushed, that is all too prevalent at bigger conventions.“Our motto is up close and personal,” Deep said. “At the end of the day, the attendees at this convention had a wonderful experience with the celebrities they wanted to meet.”L.I. Who 5 will be back next year November 10-12, 2017 at the Hyatt Regency in Hauppauge.
– Advertisement – The Garmin Instinct Esports Edition gaming smartwatch is a powerhouse—just like you. In fact, this gamer watch boasts 14 days of battery life in smartwatch mode so you never have to stop in the middle of a battle to recharge. If you use it in eSports mode, this gaming smartwatch lasts for up to 80 hours. Though it’s designed to help you succeed at all your gaming endeavors, this eSports watch takes all of your health into account. It includes a sleep-cycle tracker so you’re always rested, and it even offers a stress tracker with management techniques. Furthermore, this smartwatch has game stream integration and an activity profile that lets you analyze your gaming performance. You can even use STR3AMUP! to broadcast your heart rate and stress level. Of course, this Garmin watch also has more than 30 sports apps so you can physically train, too.
“It will be reviewed if [the tasks] of the BRG could be handled by the BNPB [the National Disaster Mitigation Agency] for fire mitigation and the Agriculture Ministry for the optimization of peat for agriculture,” Moeldoko said.President Jokowi previously revealed his plan to dissolve 18 institutions in the near future, following his fiery address at a plenary Cabinet meeting earlier where he threatened to take extraordinary steps if his ministers failed to take the current health crisis seriously.“If we can divert the budgets to relevant ministries and directorates, why do we have to put those institutions and commissions into service any longer?” Jokowi said on Monday.A country’s global competitiveness, he noted, would no longer be about big countries defeating small countries but those faster beating those slower.Administrative and Bureaucratic Reform Minister Tjahjo Kumolo said that since Jokowi’s first term in 2014, 24 institutions and commissions had been removed, leaving 96 currently in operation. The State Palace has reaffirmed President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo’s intention to disband 18 institutions in a bid to ease the burden on the state budget amid the COVID-19 pandemic, with a senior presidential aide revealing several names on the list.“In simplifying the bureaucracy, the President believes an organizational structure must be highly flexible, adaptive and simpler so that it can hopefully work faster,” Presidential Chief of Staff Moeldoko said on Tuesday.He said the Administrative and Bureaucratic Reform Ministry was currently reviewing some institutions established under government and presidential regulations, whose tasks and responsibilities could be taken over by other ministries. He took the example of the National Elderly Commission — established under Presidential Decree (Keppres) No. 54/2004 — which would be reviewed to see if its tasks were duplicating those of the Women’s Empowerment and Child Protection Ministry.The other one he mentioned was the National Sports Standardization and Accreditation Agency (BSANK), which currently has the authority to develop and monitor the national sports standards and was established under Presidential Regulation (Perpres) No. 11/2014.Read also: Jokowi uses reshuffle threat to spur Cabinet into actionMoeldoko also mentioned the Peat Restoration Agency (BRG). Despite its good performance, as he claimed, the institution formed under Perpres No.1/2016 would be reviewed since its functions might collide with those of other institutions. Topics :
According to the survey, 55% of companies in Germany are planning to revamp their pension plans to better suit changing demographics in the workforce, as well as to increase flexibility, transparency and predictability.Towers Watson calculations for DAX companies’ pension plans confirmed earlier preliminary calculations by Mercer.The average return on the pension plans was 5.1%, and plan assets increased from €192bn to €198bn year on year.Liabilities came down from €314bn to €303bn as discounts rates were on the rise again.This means the average funding ratio increased from 61% to 65%.But Towers Watson also noted widely varying funding levels among the companies within the DAX, ranging from 22% for Deutsche Telekom to 99% at Deutsche Bank.Like Mercer, Towers Watson also concluded that companies in the DAX were aiming to increase funding levels in their pension plans.The consultancy also pointed out that diversification within each asset class in pension funds’ portfolios was increasing.At year-end 2013, the average asset allocation was 24% in equities, 55% in bonds, 5% in real estate and 16% in “other” investments.Thomas Jasper, head of retirement solutions at Towers Watson Germany, pointed to a shift towards alternatives, infrastructure, insurance contracts and private equity.“We assume that the equity allocation will remain relatively stable at 25%, as the last few years have shown that this more or less corresponds to the strategic asset allocation in the DAX companies,” he said.In 2007, DAX schemes’ average exposure to equities was 30%, dropping to 23% in 2008. Only one-third of German companies are confident their pension funds are “fit for 2020”, according to a survey by Towers Watson.Another third is sure their plans will have to be adjusted, while the remaining third did not comment or was unsure.Alfred Gohdes, chief actuary for occupational pensions at Towers Watson Germany, told IPE: “The low interest rate environment has increased the costs for traditional pension promises considerably.”He added that companies had “already done a lot to ‘immunise’ themselves against interest rate volatility” – shifting to funded pension plans, for example.
Meanwhile, the pension fund is initiating legal proceedings of its own against the company for having unilaterally cancelled its contract.KLM has said it intends to establish a new pension fund if the current scheme is closed.Manel Vrijenhoek, spokeswoman for KLM, took pains to emphasise that the airline was not looking to save on pension costs.“The company wishes to mitigate the combined, unintended effects of the new financial assessment framework (nFTK) and the low-interest environment,” she said. “This would lead to a disproportionately high additional contribution of probably hundreds of millions, which threatens our operational management.”Vrijenhoek said KLM acknowledged that the additional contribution was part of the arrangement with the unions and the contract with the pension fund.But she argued that the clause in question had been based on the previous financial assessment framework, when the criterion for full indexation was a funding of 105%.“With the introduction of the nFTK last year, the minimum level for full indexation increased to 122%,” she said. As of the end of September, funding of the pilot scheme stood at 115.5%.KLM said a new pension fund would be “very similar” to the existing defined benefit scheme but offer indexation arrangements based on the previous FTK. The €8.3bn pension fund for KLM’s pilots has warned that it will have to close if the Dutch airline terminates its contract with the scheme.In a clarification on its website, the pension fund said it would only continue to manage accrued pension rights, and that the new situation would have an impact on its recovery potential and its ability to grant indexation.KLM and pilot union VNV are locked in a legal battle over whether the airline is required to plug funding gaps that would allow the pension fund to grant full indexation.The VNV is to appeal a recent verdict by the Amsterdam court, which concluded that this obligation does not apply to KLM.
Italian oilfield contractor Saipem has signed new offshore E&C contracts in Azerbaijan, the North Sea and Congo. The overall value of the contracts is approximately $400 million. One of Saipem’s vessels; Source: Wikimedia; Author: Kees Torn – under the CC BY-SA 2.0 licenseIn Azerbaijan, Total has awarded a SURF contract to the consortium between Saipem’s subsidiary, Saipem Contracting Netherlands BV, Boshelf LLC and STAR GULF FZCO, for the development of the Absheron field operated by JOCAP, a JV between Total E&P Absheron (50%) and SOCAR Absheron (50%), from 10 mt to 500 mt of water depth, located under the Caspian Sea.Saipem said on Monday that the scope of work includes engineering, procurement, fabrication and offshore installation, assistance to commissioning and to performance testing of a 12” single production flowline and its Flowline End Termination structure (FLET), and of a main umbilical, both being approximately 34 km in length.Saipem was also assigned by Humberside Gathering System Limited, on behalf of the Tolmount Development Partners (Premier Oil and Dana Petroleum) a contract for pipeline engineering, procurement, construction and installation (EPCI) works in relation to the development of the Tolmount Main gas field, located in the Southern North Sea.Finally, Saipem, through its subsidiary Boscongo SA, has been awarded a modification, maintenance and operations (MMO) contract by Eni Congo SA for the provision of maintenance services, modifications and improvements on all Eni Congo offshore sites in Congo over a 36-month period. The scope of work includes on-site maintenance activities, such as troubleshooting, planned and unplanned maintenance as well as the supply of spare parts, materials and workshop activities at Boscongo yard (Pointe Noire).Stefano Porcari, Chief Operating Officer of Saipem’s E&C Offshore Division, commented: “These new offshore contracts confirm Saipem’s success in achieving its strategy aimed at consolidating its leadership in traditional markets, such as SURF, Conventional and Pipelines, as well as at diversifying its business in Non-Oil Capex segments, such the Modifications Maintenance Operations market.”He added: “The SURF contract, in particular, confirms the importance of Azerbaijan, where we have been working with continuity for several years, bringing our expertise to create an enduring and fruitful relationship in the country as well as contributing and consolidating our local content endeavor.”
Promoted Content5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks10 Stargazing Locations To ‘Connect With Nature’The Best Cars Of All Time6 Extreme Facts About HurricanesBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeThese Guys Are Turning 50 This Year. Feeling Old Yet?7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better15 Celebs You Probably Didn’t Expect To Be CheerleadersWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?Top 10 Most Romantic Nations In The World40 Child Stars Who Look Incredibly Gorgeous As Adults “I miss the game; I hope this madness ends soon, but till then, stay at home please,” Omeruo tweeted. Omeruo secured a permanent move to Leganes last summer from Premier League side Chelsea after delivering solid defensive performances while on loan. The centre-back has since been playing a key role for the Cucumber Growers, featuring in 19 league games despite injury problems. read also:Omeruo’s Leganes agree pay cut up to 20 percent The 26-year-old will hope to help his side, who are in the relegation zone, avoid the drop from the Spanish top-flight at the end of this campaign. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Leganes centre-back, Kenneth Omeruo, has admitted he misses football following the suspension of La Liga owing to the coronavirus outbreak. Loading… The Spanish top-flight has been forced to a hiatus along with several other leagues across the globe, with only a few still active while the World Health Organisation (WHO) has urged people to stay at home. The decision was taken in an effort to curb the spread of the virus which has caused the death of thousands of lives, with Spain having recorded about 11,000 deaths already while more than 120,000 cases have been confirmed in the European country. The Nigeria international has taken to social media to express his frustration at the situation while urging football lovers to remain at home.Advertisement