The Telegraph (2010)Amy Wolfe, a US church organist who claims to have objectum sexuality, a condition that makes sufferers attracted to inanimate objects, plans to marry a magic carpet fairground ride.This follows a “courtship” of 3,000 rides over ten years with the 80ft gondola ride called 1001 Nachts.Miss Wolfe, 33, from Pennsylvania, will change her surname to Weber after the manufacturer of the ride she travels 160 miles to visit 10 times per year, according to reports“I love him as much as women love their husbands and know we’ll be together forever,” she said.…Although she faces discrimination from employers, most of her family and friends have been supportive. “I’m not hurting anyone and I can’t help it,” she said. “It’s a part of who I am.”http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/5972632/Woman-getting-married-to-fairground-ride.html
Peter Hinds (MB)THE MAN who telephoned the Queen Elizabeth Hospital last month and threatened that there was a bomb on the premises will have to pay costs to all of the security personnel who responded to the threat on that day as well as to the hospital.Peter Hinds, 54, of Homestead Drive, Frere Pilgrim, Christ Church, on returning to the District “A” Magistrates’ Court yesterday, pleaded guilty to two charges of telephoning the hospital on November 27 and leaving threatening messages stating: “There is a bomb in the hospital and it is set to go off in the hospital and it is set to go off at 12 midday”. Magistrate Graveney Bannister asked the prosecutor to have the costs quantified.He also told the court that he would impose a rehabilitative sentence on Hinds, who was diagnosed by doctors at the Psychiatric Hospital as schizophrenic but not a threat to society.Speaking from the dock, the burly Hinds told the court: “I apologize to all that work at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, and I pledge not to do it again. That is my word, Your Honour!” (MB)Nation News 11 Views no discussions Share NewsRegional Bill for bomb threat man by: – December 20, 2011 Share Sharing is caring! Tweet Share
Fist bumps are in, but high-fives are out – NBA stars have been given a series of recommendations as the league attempts to limit the impact of the coronavirus outbreak on the sport. NBA players have been advised against high-fiving fans as the league aims to limit their risk of exposure to the coronavirus ESPN reported on Monday that a memo sent to teams had outlined short-term measures aimed at protecting players from exposure to the virus, which has left six people dead in the United States so far. The NBA memo recommends that players interacting with fans should bump fists rather than high-five. The league also advises players to avoid taking items such as pens, balls and jerseys to autograph. “The health and safety of NBA players, coaches, staff, and fans is paramount,” the NBA and NBA Players Association said in the memo. “We are consulting with infectious disease experts, including the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and a world-renowned infectious disease researcher at Columbia University. “We are also in regular communication with each other, NBA teams including team physicians and athletic trainers, other professional sports leagues, and of course, many of you.” Some players have already taken steps to limit their exposure to the virus. Loading… Portland Trail Blazers star C.J. McCollum said Saturday he was no longer signing autographs because of the outbreak. “Make sure y’all washing y’all hands with soap for 20 or more seconds & covering ya mouths when you cough,” McCollum wrote on Twitter. “I am officially taking a break from signing autographs until further notice.” Promoted Content7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market ValueTop 9 Scariest Haunted Castles In Europe5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way7 Universities In The World Where Education Costs Too Much10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks7 Non-Obvious Things That Damage Your Phone10 Largest Cities In The World8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its GrowthWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?Birds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them Read Also: NBA: Crowder sparks Miami as Giannis, Bucks downed Other players were more circumspect. Boston’s Kemba Walker said he would continue to sign autographs but added: “Maybe I’ll just walk around with my own marker.” ESPN noted that NBA teams were also studying the impact the crisis could have on events such as pre-draft combines, on-site workouts and international scouting events. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享
BACOLOD City – At least 49 students werehospitalized due to suspected food poisoning in Barangay Ma-ao, Bago City,Negros Occidental. The victims, Grade 1 pupils of Ma-aoElementary School in Bago City, experienced symptoms of suspected foodpoisoning on Thursday due to stomach pains, vomiting and dizziness, aftereating spaghetti during their Christmas party. The victims were initially rushedto the Barangay Ma-ao Clinic, but were later transferred to the BagoCity District Hospital.One of the victims, 57-year-old Tessie Cubos said she ate the spaghetti afterher grandchild refused to eat.Cubos claimed that she only ate three spoonfuls of the food, which shedescribed to taste sour. At first, Cubos disregarded the taste, however, a fewminutes later she started to experience stomach pains and vomiting.The Bago City Health Office is investigating the catering service, which it didnot identify./PN
BHS Girls Sectional Results at Columbus North Swim Sectionals.7th place finish at sectionals (14 teams)Overall Record Best season in history of BHS (15-4 EIAC; 24-6 non-conf)200 free relay broke school record in 1:50.14 (Storms, Daulton, Poltrack, Gutzwiller)Old record 1:50.39 (Villani, Daulton, Gutzwiller, Hall) 14-15Team Results. Bloomington South 499, Bloomington North 360, Columbus North 355, Columbus East 202, East Central 162, Greensburg 155, BHS 121, Milan 97, South Dearborn 86, South Ripley 86, Edgewood 42, Oldenburg Academy 40, Trinity Lutheran 37, Lawrenceburg 18.Courtesy of Bulldogs Coach T. J. Greene.
May 14, 2019 Police Blotter051419 Decatur County EMS Report051419 Decatur County Fire Report051419 Decatur County Jail Report051419 Decatur County Law Report051419 Batesville Police Blotter
Bio ELLSWORTH — The annual Eagles Hoop Camp is now accepting registrations for three summer basketball sessions at Ellsworth High School.The camp, sponsored by the James Russell Wiggins Down East Family YMCA, will include a co-ed session for youngsters in grades K-4 from 3 to 5 p.m. daily July 6-9 with a registration fee of $100 per child.Also scheduled are sessions for boys in grades 5-10 July 6-10 and for girls in grades 5-10 July 13-17 with daily hours from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at $175 per child.The fee will be reduced by $25 per child for registrations postmarked by June 15.This is placeholder textThis is placeholder textA camp T-shirt will be provided for each camper.Registration forms are available on line at ellsworthbasketball.comFor more information, contact Corey Bagley at 460-3497. Latest Posts Latest posts by admin (see all) Hancock County Court News Nov. 3 thorugh Dec. 11 – January 22, 2015 House fire in Winter Harbor – October 27, 2014 admin State budget vs. job creation – January 22, 2015
By Mark GleesonLIBREVILLE,(Reuters)-Vincent Aboubakar scored a brilliant late goal to hand unfancied Cameroon a 2-1 victory over Egypt as they claimed their fifth African Nations Cup title in the final in Gabon yesterday.Cameroon, who had eight of their players withdraw before the tournament, came from a goal down after midfielder Mohamed Elneny had put Egypt ahead midway through the first half.Nicolas Nkoulou equalised on the hour and, as Egypt tired, Cameroon appeared to find a new gear, creating several chances before Aboubakar struck the winner in the 88th minute after chesting the ball down and flicking it over defender Ali Gabr.It was Cameroon’s first title since 2002 and denied Egypt a triumphant return to the tournament they last won in 2010, while at the same time inflicting a first loss on the North African side in 25 Nations Cup matches dating back to 2004.Egypt dominated the early possession and had the lead after 22 minutes as Cameroon’s defence stood far too static.Cameroon’s Vincent Aboubakar celebrates scoring their second goal Reuters / Mike Hutchings LivepicElneny collected the ball in space on the right-hand side of the area and, with the defence and goalkeeper Fabrice Ondoa expecting him to square the ball into the six-yard box, the midfielder rifled his shot into the roof of the net.Cameroon created few chances in the first half and were reduced to shooting from distance but they upped their intensity in the second period and began to exert some control.They levelled when substitute Nkoulou towered above the defence to head home a cross from Benjamin Moukandjo, only the second goal conceded by the North Africans in the tournament.Cameroon then attacked in waves as Egypt appeared to be holding out for extra-time and penalties.It looked as though the game was headed that way with Cameroon wasting with their opportunities until a moment of excellence from Aboubakar two minutes from the end.He controlled the ball on his chest in the box and, as Ali Gabr stood off him, he skillfully knocked it over the defender’s head and fired into the far corner of the net.For Egypt coach Hector Cuper it was more disappointment. Having lost five finals in club football, including Europe’s elite Champions League competition twice, he is now an unlucky loser again at international level.But for Cameroon’s young Indomitable Lions it was a moment of unexpected triumph in a tournament the country will host in two years’ time as defending champions.
NOTTINGHAM, England (CMC) – West Indies’ hostile fast bowling salvo against Pakistan in their successful World Cup opener last week has not gone unnoticed by Australia.“We have prepared for it. It’s something, we played them in a warm-up game down at Southampton on the Nursery Ground there, and they bowled very similarly,” captain Aaron Finch told media here yesterday ahead of today’s World Cup clash at Trent Bridge here.“Also had a lot of success with it last game and got off to a really good start, so I expect that they will come with a similar-type plan.”Rookie fast bowler Oshane Thomas stunned Pakistan with a four-wicket haul at Trent Bridge here, sending the Asian side tumbling for a paltry 105.Andre Russell also produced a lovely spell to take two for four while captain Jason Holder and fellow seamer Carlos Brathwaite provided excellent support.However, Finch warned that while attacking bowling could be effective, it could also become predictable of there was no variation.“The follow-up from bouncers in short bowling is the key, I think, at the end of the day,” he pointed out.“I think if you just stick to one plan, then teams get on top of you pretty quickly or they adjust quickly enough. So I think it’s important you follow-up deliveries, and that goes for us, as well. If you do go with a short plan, keep them on the hook, keep them guessing with good bowling.“I think if you over-attack and continue to go too short or you continue to go too full, whatever it might be it’s about your follow-ups from those balls. But we’re well and truly prepared, no doubt.”Reigning World champions Australia got the better of West Indies in an unofficial warm-up in Southampton last month and are confident they will continue their recent winning trend against the Caribbean side.They have dominated the Windies over the last seven years, winning 10 of the 14 ODI meetings and losing just three.However, with the two-time World Cup champions brandishing a powerful batting lineup and incisive attack, Finch said his side would be taking nothing for granted.“They’re a very dangerous side, and I think whichever team comes out and executes it from the start of the game, (will do well),” Finch said.“I think it’s important that you start really well. Whether you bat or bowl first the first 10-over periods are going to be really crucial, because we know how damaging West Indies can be during that period. But also, equally, I think if we get off to a good start, then we can start to try and to get into our work a bit.“I think if we are tentative and if we are a bit standoffish and wait for things to happen, that’s when they can dominate you from the start. It’s important that you turn up with the right attitude and the right intent in the first 10 overs, bat or ball.”
LIVE TV 9 months ago NFL: Browns fans cheerfully make a Mason Rudolph piñata so they could swing a helmet at it Colin DCunha 9 months ago Chris Smith: Cleveland Browns release defensive end 83 days after tragic accident NFL: Freddie Kitchens speaks on the decision to let go of Chris SmithSpeaking ahead of Wednesday’s practice session, Freddie Kitchens said that Chris Smith still has a lot of people he is close to within the Cleveland Browns’ organisation. Kitchens recalled the day of the accident and said that he was at Smith’s house that day and he also remembers the conversations he had with Chris Smith. When asked if it was difficult releasing Chris Smith, Freddie Kitchens said that it is always difficult releasing a player, but it was even more difficult releasing Chris Smith, considering the type of person he is. The Cleveland Browns coach also said that even though their football relationship has run its course, that does not mean that their personal relationship has also drawn to a close. He concluded by saying that the Browns will always be there to support Chris Smith in these testing times. Chris Smith is now a free agent, after being waived by the Cleveland Browns. Also Read | Myles Garrett Net Worth, Annual Salary, Steelers Brawl And NFL Suspension WATCH US LIVE NFL: Chris Smith’s accidentChris Smith’s girlfriend passed away in September after an accident on the I-90. According to a statement by the Cleveland Browns, after a tire blew on Smith’s Lamborghini, Chris Smith and his girlfriend Petara Cordero pulled over to the side of I-90 West in Cleveland around 2:00 am. While their vehicle hit the median due to the issue with the tire, the pair emerged from the vehicle unhurt. However, a woman in a Mazda hit the passenger side of the car and struck Chris Smith’s girlfriend, according to the statement given by the Cleveland Police to CNN. Cordero was then taken to a hospital after the accident, where she was pronounced dead.Also Read | NFL Brawl: NFL Or WWE? Browns’ Myles Garrett Swings Helmet, Smacks Steelers’ Mason RudolphAlso Read | Deshaun Watson Has ‘love And Respect’ For NFL Legend And Idol Tom Brady After Win COMMENT WE RECOMMEND First Published: 5th December, 2019 17:27 IST Written By 9 months ago Myles Garrett net worth, annual salary, Steelers brawl and NFL suspension FOLLOW US SUBSCRIBE TO US 9 months ago NFL Brawl: NFL or WWE? Browns’ Myles Garrett swings helmet, smacks Steelers’ Mason Rudolph Last Updated: 5th December, 2019 17:27 IST Following Tragedy, Chris Smith’s Release Is Explained By Cleveland Browns Coach Freddie Cleveland Browns defensive end Chris Smith was released by the Browns earlier this week. Browns coach Freddie Kitchens has spoken up about the decision Cleveland Browns coach Freddie Kitchens has spoken up about the Browns’ decision to let go of defensive end, Chris Smith. Just 83 days after Chris Smith was involved in a tragic car accident that led to his girlfriend Petara Cordero losing her life, Cleveland Browns announced the decision to let go of Chris Smith. The Browns decided to release Chris Smith in order to make room for newly-signed defensive tackle Justin Zimmer, who moved to the Browns’ active roster from the Atlanta Falcons’ practice squad.Also Read | Chris Smith: Cleveland Browns Release Defensive End 83 Days After Tragic Accident 9 months ago Myles Garrett alleges Mason Rudolph hurled racial slur at him before outrageous NFL brawl